Saturday, January 19, 2008

To New Distractions

I fear I am growing (online) anti-social. I am disinterested in blogging, I rarely update and my finger has hovered over the delete button quite a few times in the last month. I am barely there on my Orkut and Facebook accounts, again I am thinking of deleting both. Part of me wants a fresh start, a clean slate, or at best some motivation that will make me jump back at these previously loved and actively pursued hobbies.

No, nothing has happened. All is well, all is fair and thriving. This must be part of the continuous growth stuff that they talk about, write about. Nothing is permanent, nothing ought to be permanent. I am probably at a place where I just need new distractions. That's it.

And the other part of me realizes all the wonderful things (read people) I have gained through these electronic mediums. So, all the accounts will in all probability continue. At least the blog will. Kirrin Island has been too nice to me. And incidentally, she completed two years of existence yesterday. So, I had to spend some time sprucing her up today.

Happy birthday, baby.

12 comments:

RB said...

Seems like it is a common feeling running through our entire circle. I wrote something similar recently, and the words that I did not write have found space over here. But I am glad that you want to keep it alive. Even if it is for the sentimental value.

Happy birthday! :-)

Reeta Skeeter said...

:)
Happy Birthday Kirrin Island!
Yayyy it will live :D

~ Deeps ~ said...

Happy Birthday :)
u shud target atleast a post in a fortnight.......it is one of the fav blogs of mine and i dont want it to remain silent as it is nowdays.......

Butterfly said...

Happy Birthday KI!:)

Wish KI lives for many years more!

The Twisted Gourmet said...

sounds like you are in love!

The Twisted Gourmet said...

you can quit Kirrinisland! its been my inspiration :-()

Unknown said...

Change is the name of the game and while working i would always wonder how our parents worked in the same organizations with the same ppl for more than half their life and never complained. But we r different in this respect also, we need change to excite us motivate us tempt us....even constant appreciation leaves its charm ;)

Jeff Moss said...

Happy belated birthday, Kirrin Island!

R said...

KI looks hot, man!

Happy Birthday and all that - and dare you delete any account, Woodsmoke. Consider yourself warned.

R said...

Yo. You've been tagged. Look for details on my blog.

Muhahahaaa.

Unknown said...

@ Aarbee
True. Thanks.

@ Reeta
Yayy...so it shall.

@ D
Ji. Koshish zaroor karoongi.

@ Butterfly
Thank you!

@ Twisted Gourmet
Glad. Although I think you meant "can't" when you wrote "can". :)

@ Suvena
That does happen. But I do have a new post up today.

@ Jeff
Thanks.

@ Rohit
Thank you. KI is happy to hear that.

And I have done the tag already. Muahahaha.

Banvri said...

B'day wishes :)


I think I am also suffering from same :)

but i do occasionally check ur blog cus doesn matter i blog or not but I do feel like reading good stuff :) so keep on writing Sayan :)