
I was arm-twisted into writing this post and putting up this photo.
Please forgive me if either or both of them are not to your liking. But then again, they better be to your liking. Because the words are mine, and like every self-respecting blogger I am quite fond of my words, and the photographer is Rohit, and I am very fond of him too. And the subject is inspiring as well. It’s Badi Madam (BM), that’s me, and Chhoti Madam (CM), meaning Richa, suffused in a soft, golden light inside the Café Coffee Day, Janpath.
The three of us had met up for coffee and conversation. Rohit’s camera was with him, so he decided to have fun at our expense. Anyway, here’s in brief the story behind BM and CM.
It was the cold winter morning of January 28, 2006. Incidentally, it’s also Rohit’s birthday. Five people had decided to go to Old Delhi’s famed Paranthewali Gali for brunch...sinful parathas and lassi. We entered one of the shops (cannot remember its name, sorry) lined with photographs of Nehru, Indira Gandhi and other stalwarts eating parathas, presumably at this very same joint itself. Thoroughly restless to bite into this piece of history, all of us sat down, made ourselves comfortable, and waited. The waiter himself, about hundred years old, and with infinite knowledge about every kind of paratha there is, launched his menu on us, orally. His recitation just went on and on!
I fell in love with him there and then. Wanted to hire him for my office...so that the moment an author arrives, our man here can recite one after the other, all the books we have ever published, and all that we are ever going to. Very cool indeed. Secondly because, like all nice gentlemen he developed a special liking for the ladies, and christened them Badi Madam and Chhoti Madam. And the names have stayed since then.
18 comments:
ME FIRST, SayanDi. :D
Uhm. Why didn't you post the other picture, which is clearer? This one's hazy.. :|
Anyways, having one's camera helps. With the kind of pseudo candid pictures I took yesterday, aren't easy to get :D
Cute ladies together!
Prashant & Deepak.. Don't say a word. DON'T. Technically, the picture is bad. I know. But that's because of the silly light scheme CCD has. Grr :|
"Why didn't you post the other picture, which is clearer?"
Because I like this one better.
"Cute ladies together!"
:D Richa dekh kya bol raha hain!
"Prashant & Deepak.. Don't say a word. DON'T."
Yeah guys, please dont. Let us imagine this as the most perfect photograph ever. Please.
Woodie..
Bumming hard..bumming real hard. :|
u know what ..i was always curious to know why ppl call u n richa BM n CM ..:P
lovely pic n nice post :)
PLEASE! I should have been invited to write the first comment.
Rohit...very cheap!
who twisted your arm? Rohit?
waise, i liked this picture the most too. wish it was clearer.
anyway! i loooove the post.
about the ODM, i remember everything but not the pictures of Nehru and all. i don't think i even noticed them. hmmm...
but seriously, that was the first time we had met and i could not have imagined that we'd become such great friends.
aur Rohit, the first time i met him was in march.
and now it feels like i've known the two of you forever.
love you both sooo much! :)
and that guy. i had fallen in love with him too. he was just awesome. never seen anyone like him.
by the way, have you noticed the funny thing? we have never addressed each other with these names! hai na? :)
And thanks to Deepak these names have stayed, stayed, stayed.
Richa
Dekh, stay out of this. Ye pseudo-online game mere aur SayanDi ke beech main hai. Stay out of it.
And what's with this 'cheap'? Tu bahot expensive hai kya? :D
@Rohit
nahi..ab to main bhi kheloongi. bas!
nahi, main bikau nahi hoon. isliye cheap aur expensive ka sawaal nahi uthta mere liye. lekin tu to cheap hi hai!
To tereko lagta hai main bikau hun? Jeezzzz aise din nahi aaye mere. Mana ki tangi hai. But NO!
Tu bhi khelegi? Uh. Aa hi gayi tum hbi maidan main. Ok.
i still like the fact that the name was given by a munud @ the paratha place :D
I bet these guys are as creative like us all ;)
read Mundu :D not Munud :P
@ Chitrangada
See finally the world's greatest mystery has been solved. :D
@ BASTM
The first comment should have been from you...I agree. Sorry hai ji. The arm-twisting was hurting so much that it dulled all my other senses.
And who else could have twisted my arm but Rohit?
Yes that first meeting was fun...and I couldnt have predicted the course of events from there on myself. Life IS an unpredictable bitch...that's why I love it so much.
And yeah, funny how we never use the names BM and CM ourselves.
@ Rohit and Richa both
Please continue.
@ Akash
:D Good to see you here AMTG!
Lagoa lagao ...sab ilzaam lagao mujh per. Koi nahi bachega.
hehehehhehehehehe... better then the post is the fight in the comments :)
@woodie
this is the bestest pic rohit will ever take :D
hey some credit to me also.....i carried these names forward....so bad :(
@rohit...
thanx for giving me credit that after their baptism, its ME who carried this on for long time ...
@kiddi and kidda (as BM says)
plz carry on....i m loving it :D
BM...u call us kiddi and kidda??????
are you freakin kidding me?
@ Rohit
:D...main to darr gayi.
@ Prashant
I know! :)
@ D
Galti ho gayi D. After all you are the one who started GM BM! Love that greeting.
@ BASTM
Err...umm...urm.
@ Mayuri
Thank you hai ji from both BM and CM.
Nice post... I wonder who twisted your arm to write it though!
Nice mood of the picture. Technically, the subject's position was wrong. The glaring background light has underexposed the subject. I can help you with this picture... for a Latte. Anyone?
@ Subhadip
I know, Sir! But I couldn't have done anything that time. So the result is such. Didn't want to use flash that time. And SayanDi didn't post the picture with flash. :|
I'd love to know how to work on this.. PLEASE HELP!
Post a Comment