It takes all kinds to make this world, sure. But the kind that I personally have no sympathy for are those who forever feel victimized. The ones who will always crib, always complain, who are always waiting for a future when life will be perfect, when all their dilemmas and problems will fade away, when they will be happy. I have the personal misfortune of knowing two such people rather closely. For them, life is never pleasant, life is never good enough, therefore the time to be happy is not now…it is somewhere in the distant unknown future.
As I see it, the time to be happy is now. We’ve all been given one life after all, it’s up to us to make the most of it. Meet as many people as possible, do as much justice to the relationships we already are in or the ones we are forging every day, make as much of the professional opportunities that come our way, live every goddamn dream.
Of course, life isn’t hunky dory every day, no one’s is, it isn’t supposed to be so. Stop kidding yourself that your life is tougher than of the one sitting next to you. For the simple reason that you are not leading his or her life, you are just leading your own. Your experiences, your ways of dealing with problems, situations, people are uniquely your own. Your life probably sucks because of the way you are dealing with it. Similarly somebody else’s life could be in ruins because of the way he or she is handling it. To each of us, our life is the toughest because the challenges we face are strictly individual.
Take a break, stop feeling like a martyr, you are not doing anyone a favor here by being on this planet, you think you have problems, chill...so does every one. Just that their way of handling it is different.
So you had a bad day at work, big deal...all of us go through it.
Your partner betrayed you, again, tough luck...but it happens.
Your friend misunderstood you, screw it...you know your conscience is clear.
Bad things happen to all of us, some call it misfortune, some call it destiny. You talk out your problems, share your bad days’ experience with someone…be it a friend, a spouse, a blog, and life bounces back, cool. But if you are the kinds who think life is in tatters no matter what you do or where you live or who all are a part of it, the problem lies with you, not with others and not with life as such.
To those who visit this blog regularly, it is okay if the post does not make sense. I probably would have very little to say if I read something like this somewhere else. You are welcome here of course, but it’s ok if this unlike-the-usual-Sayantani-Dasgupta post, fails to provoke you into making a statement.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Me first here too re. :D
My my, after 2 hours of studying the-little-amount-of-notes I have, I thought of checking blogs.. and I am the first one reading this. :D
I agree!
Most of you believe I keep cribbing and all that..Yes I do. But that's because I usually enjoy talking about all of that to you guys. :D But I'm otherwise always trying to be an optimist, being the bloody pessimist I am. Jeezzzz your post makes me think about a lot of shit suddenly, but yeah, it's about looking at everything with a hope and some conviction.
I am not sure if your post means what I'm making of it right now, but then again, it's all about the 'perspective' :D
[Noticed how my blog's new title has been used? Smart, isn't it? Err. Please just agree even if it wasn't an apt usage :D ]
It makes sense to me! There are so many reasons to feel unhappy... but there are so many more to be happy about.
life is beautiful........
simple enough.....
sure the post makes sense.
and i totally agree with you even though i also crib a lot when something goes wrong. which i think is natural. you know you cannot pretend to be happy all the time. you know this better than anyone else. :)
and you know what, i really liked reading this.
This is so true..... guess u have said sumthing that all of us want to say at one point of time or other to sobs!!!!
Really! Happiness is not the absence of problems! it means to have the courage to take it head on..... we feel we r going thru the toughest times. just hang on for a sec and look around... and we'll start feeling thankful for all the great things in our life... Gr8 Post!
I agree with Mayuri...we all go thru ups and downs and when you're in the doldrums it's hard to be positive...which is when you need people like Badi Madam around! :)
But you're right, one does need to consciously try to stay positive.
As Lennon (?) said "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"...which is not to say that everything has to be spontaneous, but just that you should stop and be happy for the little things like sunshine or a perfect sky or a little kid playing with a puppy or anything else that makes you smile during the day. I've found that just recalling something like that can change your mood completely...
So thanks BM for reminding us of something that we take for granted or forget most days.
i am in love with the way you write !!!!
totally !!!!
mmmmmmmmuah !!!!
so far i have been struggling with what i like to read.. and i guess my search has ended... ab if anyone asks me what i read.. i will tell them.. that i read your blog !!! simpil :)
To everyone
Thank you so much!
I didn't think even for a moment that an angry post written in five minutes' time - thanks to a few unfortunate events last evening - would result in something that everyone would identify with.
All is well today. That's the good thing about life isn't it? It finds ways to make you feel good, feel loved, and incredibly special...even though the earlier day may have made you feel blue beyond belief.
See you around! :-)
Post a Comment